The John MacIntyre Scholarship is named in honor of John MacIntyre, former president of the Retired Employees Association of Ventura County, who had a strong interest in facilitating higher education. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize and support qualified students in their pursuit of higher education or training at an accredited institution.
Click here for some information about this year’s application process.
One scholarship is named the SUSAN K. LACEY, Distinguished Fellowship Scholarship in honor of Susan’s service to the community and support of education.
- Member or Associate Member of REAVC, or a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a REAVC Member or Associate Member,
- Plan to begin or continue studies in an accredited institution of higher education or technical school during the grant year,
- Submit a completed application to the REAVC Scholarship Committee, and
- Be able to inform the scholarship committee of acceptance at an institution of higher education or technical school by the application deadline.
- This is a one-time award up to $1,500.
- Checks are made out to the student and typically presented at a REAVC Membership Luncheons.
- Recipients are encouraged to attend the luncheon to receive their award. If this is not possible, the parents or sponsoring REAVC member may attend and accept the award on the student’s behalf.
- The application form is available online.
- Prior to submitting the application, review it to be sure it is complete.
- Applications must be received by March 31 of the current year.
- Application must have your signature and the signature of the sponsoring REAVC member.
- Mail the application, along with the letters of recommendation to:
REAVC Scholarship Committee
PO Box 7231
Ventura , CA 93006
Click here to download the Scholarship Appplication Form
If you have any questions about the application process, or want an application by mail, please contact us at email@example.com . Be sure to include your phone number and time zone. A member of the Scholarship Committee will contact you.